Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

It’s a Wonderful Life

Well let me start from where I stopped in my comment on this blog where I said… “l... talking of zero gravity... sometimes when it just feels too heavy... I think these two words would be an inspiration to just let go... let go whatever... which sometime gets very difficult...” ‘Zero Gravity’ would sometimes mean to me sliding into ‘being light in life’. ‘Light’, now that would be another interesting thing to go on…
“Being Light in life” one of those phrases that a lot among us desire to experience. One would definitely have felt or experienced it in installments, but here I was in search of a lifetime package. Being light in life forever…  ‘Impossible’… ‘Possible’… I never knew… neither did I dig into ‘would it be’ or ‘not be’… I was adamant ignoring all the difficulties. But the question was “where could I find it?”
My answer came quiet easy. To feel light, was first to reduce my body weight. Yes I mean physical reduction of body weight. Now that does not mean I weigh a quintal or so. But the aim was to feel Light. So where did I go heavy?
All this started from my love for food. I’ll be very frank here. I’m definitely qualified for the tally of a ‘Hogger’… Oh I really am… For those who like it a little decent ‘a Foodie’. To make it more grave, I’m slothful sometimes and it drags for a very long time. I guess there would be hardly anyone who would be able to reach the magnitude of laziness I get into. And hence, I was facing a grave and a deadly combination ‘Hogging + Laziness’. Believe me this led me into heaviness… everywhere… on my body… on my mind… at my work and the list goes on… In total… ‘What a screwed up Life!!!’
But the sun finally did rise… the bulb did glow… and bright enough. My thought of good old days of great physical fitness, being light and a flat stomach inspired me (those were my training days)… To ‘Run’… and I started running. Oh… no… I didn’t do a ‘Tom Hanks-in Forrest Gump’. It was just a daily routine affair. But I did run to reach a little lesser than a state of collapse every day. And it continued… Now for a week. Oh I missed something very important in between. A healthy sugar free diet for that week and definitely ahead. Initially it was difficult. So to make it simpler I attached myself with a partner who was also in search of being light. For him it was just weight reduction. Hence, now if one of the mind or body gets lazy the other one is there to pull up the socks. One week. Running in winters of Delhi, which has just started to spread its wings was and is and will be an amazing experience.
Today, after a week I looked at myself in the mirror. I fell in love with myself and I was not able to get away from the mirror. My body has shaped up so well with a sparkling shine on my face. My tummy though not that flat has reduced drastically, and when I walk none of my flabs rhythm with my feet. The list of add ons goes on… ‘fresh and energetic at work’…’patient with my girlfriend’… ‘more eyes staring at me’… etc… etc.. and a lot of ‘positivity’. This is going to go way ahead with “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. This for me is ‘being light in life’ and why not after all “It’s a wonderful life”.

-ASHISH 

8 comments:

  1. Welcome THE WINGMAN. I m so happy to see that your write up revolves around the blog name. Let us see what the others have got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to choose Tomhanks-in-CastAway over Tomhanks-in-ForrestGump.. Purposefully staying away from Food is something which i cannot really even imagine to do.. not to say abt running/jogging daily... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different ppl have different perspectives. I m a lazy bum.... always require a motivation non stop for me to do something like Ashish does. Loads of will power. I work against my own will power. Look how powerful i am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But to work in the direction towards your will power requires more energy. The one against it would be called Laziness. Thats very easy to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a feeling of complete absence from the world when we speak of 'Zero Gravity'.You rightly spoke of its physical dimension and it have a psychological dimension also which mean a state of complete relaxation and freedom.Its like floating in an ocean or a lake without any weight.Its freeing ourself from all pressures and strains and to become one with the infinity...............There are times when we rest in the lap of infinity and become a part of the unique!!Its actual self realisation.....!!!!!!!Sanjose

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sanjose.... its a wonderful thought. truly Zero gravity mean actual self realisation. the wingman gave us the first step towards it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bhaiya..I think you should compete with me on heights of laziness...I dream every morning of going on morning walks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have all the symptoms u've written above..I still dont know how to work out the problem of getting up in the winters! :(
    Guess its got something to do with sleeping on time too :/

    ReplyDelete